Do terrible periods make you afraid to wear white?
Do any of these describe your symptoms?
- Soaking through 1 or more maxi pad or tampons every hour.
- Periods lasting longer than 3 days from your usual pattern.
- Needing to double up on pads or tampons.
- Presence of quarter-sized blood clots during period.
- One of “most” common reasons for women to seek health care.
- Potential signs of Anemia: increased fatigue. 30% women it can affect their quality of life and/or lead to anemia.
Your heavy periods might be caused by:
- Hormone imbalance, such as a thyroid condition or diabetes.
- Anovulatory menstrual cycles
- Inherited bleeding disorders
In our office we might do these tests for you:
- Pelvic Ultrasound
- Endometrial biopsy
- Blood tests
Our goals to manage your heavy periods are to:
- Normalize bleeding.
- Correct any anemia.
- Restore quality of life.
Treatments we will discuss together with you:
- Combined (Estrogen/Progestin) Oral Contraceptive “the Pill” or Progestins only therapy (Depo-Provera or Progesterone contraceptive pill)
- Levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine device (IUD)
- D & C (dilation and curettage)
- Surgical options